Successful Search Checklist
- Complete the Hiring Request Form at the Provost website.
- Review/update or create a position description for the vacant position.
(Staff Creating a Position Description, Staff Modifying a Position Description, Faculty Creating a Position Description, Faculty Modifying a Position Description)
- Receive position approval.
- Create the position announcement from the position description in PeopleAdmin 7.
(Staff Creating a Position Announcement, Faculty Creating a Position Announcement)
- Implement a recruitment plan and identify recruitment resources that aid in assuring
a strong and diverse applicant pool. Information should include the use of minimally
three (3) Diverse Recruitment Sources and EEO/Affirmative Action Statement on each posting (Advertising approval may take place multiple times during process.)
Example External Position Announcements
(Creating a Recruitment Plan/Posting Documents)
- Receive approval to advertise.
- Place all external advertisements.
- Develop a set of position-specific interview questions to be consistently used when interviewing all potential candidates.
- Applicants apply online for position.
- Screen Resumes/Curricula Vitaes and other applicant materials (Reviewing Applicant Materials & Reviewing Applicant Reports)
- Evaluate credentials of all minimally qualified applicants based upon established
written job-related criteria.
(Quick Reference Guides: Ratings, Statuses and Reason Codes Defined:Classified and Non-Classified & Faculty)
- Select top qualified applicants that require additional screening.
- Conduct pre-interview screenings with top candidates (optional).
- Select the top candidates based on established job-related criteria.
- Receive approval to conduct the final or on-campus interview.
- Invite candidates for final or on-campus interviews; conduct interviews using job-related interview questions, and document candidate responses.
- Select the top candidate based on established job-related criteria.
- Verify reference list with top candidate and inform him/her that his/her references will be contacted. Check references and document responses.
- Conduct background check, if applicable.
- Create the hire proposal in PeopleAdmin 7.
(Staff hiring proposals, Faculty hiring proposals)
- Receive approval to extend an offer.
- Make an offer for hire.
- Confirm the offer and/or acceptance in writing with a letter.
- Initiate the closing of the posting by attaching final signed offer letter in PeopleAdmin 7.
Hiring Documentation Checklist
Most relevant documentation will be maintained through the PeopleAdmin 7 system. All other hiring documentation used throughout the hiring process must be maintained by the hiring department for minimally three years, unless under review. Below is a checklist of materials that may not be attached in PeopleAdmin 7, but should be included in the file.
- Credential evaluation criteria, if not utilized within the PeopleAdmin7 system.
- Hiring supervisor and search committee interview forms/questions, notes, and evaluation instruments.
- Reference checks conducted/forms and notes.