Report a Concern or Request an Accommodation
Filing a Complaint or Grievance
If you need an alternative to the online option below for filing a complaint, such as a written hard copy, contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Office at (479) 575-4019 or email@example.com.
It is the policy of the University of Arkansas to provide an educational and work environment in which thought, creativity and growth are stimulated, and in which individuals are free to realize their full potential through equal opportunity. It is the responsibility of the University of Arkansas’ Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance to investigate and resolve all allegations of discrimination.
The University of Arkansas prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, equal pay/compensation, age (over 40), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and retaliation, and any other characteristic protected under applicable federal and state laws.
- Discrimination is defined as adverse employment action taken against you based on the above protected factors.
- Harassment is defined as repetitive, severe or pervasive behaviors or comments that create an intimidating or offensive environment.
- Retaliation is a negative or adverse action taken against you because you have engaged in protected activity such as verbal or written statements indicating harassment or you are a witness cooperating in an investigation.
It is not a requirement that you use this online form in order to report a concern. If you prefer to speak to someone in person, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance at (479) 575-4019 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receiving a completed form from you:
The Compliance Officer will determine if your complaint is complete and timely. It is the expectation of the university that those who file a complaint will remain active and cooperative in the complaint process.
The Grievance Officer will determine if your concern falls within the university’s Staff Grievance Procedure and is complete and timely. If so, the Grievance Officer will follow those steps identified in the Staff Grievance Procedure to process your grievance.
Submitting a Disability or Religious Accommodation Request
If you need an alternative to the online option below to request an accommodation, such as a written hard copy, contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Office at (479) 575-4019 or email@example.com.
Employees with Disabilities
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, including pregnancy-related disabilities, to perform the essential functions of the job, to gain access to the workplace, or to enjoy equal access to benefits and privileges of employment (e.g., trainings, office-sponsored events, travel, etc.), an employee should submit a reasonable-accommodation request. In order to assess any request for a reasonable accommodation, the university may require a written document from a licensed physician or other health care provider certifying the nature and type of physical or mental disability of the employee prior to making any decision regarding the request for reasonable accommodation
- Accommodation Request Form (Online form, complete the Medical Statement Form prior to submittal)
- Medical Statement Forms (downloadable form to be submitted to Medical Provider and attached to the online Accommodation Request Form)
- Travel Medical Statement Form (for travel accommodations only, downloadable form to be submitted to Medical Provider and attached to the online Accommodation Request Form)
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and selection process, an applicant has the following options:
- The applicant should submit the Disability Accommodation Request Form to the ADA Coordinator
in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance. Applicants are required to submit
a request for each position of which they have applied.
- Accommodation for application process: Contact the ADA Coordinator at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accommodation for interview process: Inform the search committee/hiring official prior to the interview. The search committee/hiring official shall immediately inform the ADA Coordinator of the Reasonable Accommodation Request and request for assistance, if needed.
Employees or Applicants with Religious Accommodation Requests
A religious accommodation is any adjustment to the work environment that will allow an employee or applicant to practice his or her religion. The need for religious accommodation may arise where an individual's religious beliefs, observances or practices conflict with a specific task or requirement of the position or search process. Accommodation requests often relate to work schedules, dress and grooming, or religious expression in the workplace. If it would not pose an undue hardship, the employer must grant the accommodation.
- The employee or applicant must submit the Religious Accommodation Request to the Compliance Officer in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance.