Successful Search Checklist
- Complete the Hiring Request Form at the Provost website.
- Review/update or create a position description for the vacant position.
- Receive position approval.
- Create the position announcement from the position description in Workday.
- Implement a recruitment plan and identify recruitment resources that aid in assuring a strong and diverse applicant pool. Information should include the use of minimally three (3) Diverse Recruitment Sources and EEO/Affirmative Action Statement on each posting (Advertising approval may take place multiple times during process.)
- Receive approval to advertise.
- Place all external advertisements.
- Develop a set of position-specific interview questions to be consistently used when interviewing all potential candidates.
- Applicants apply online for position.
- Screen Resumes/Curricula Vitaes and other applicant materials
- Evaluate credentials of all minimally qualified applicants based upon established written job-related criteria.
- Select top qualified applicants that require additional screening.
- Conduct pre-interview screenings with top candidates (optional).
- Select the top candidates based on established job-related criteria.
- Receive approval to conduct the final or on-campus interview.
- Invite candidates for final or on-campus interviews; conduct interviews using job-related interview questions, and document candidate responses.
- Sample interview questions, Legal and Illegal Questions
- Select the top candidate based on established job-related criteria.
- Verify reference list with top candidate and inform him/her that his/her references will be contacted. Check references and document responses.
- Conduct background check, if applicable.
- Create the hire proposal in Workday.
- Receive approval to extend an offer.
- Make an offer for hire.
- Confirm the offer and/or acceptance in writing with a letter.
- Initiate the closing of the posting by attaching final signed offer letter in Workday.
Hiring Documentation Checklist
Most relevant documentation will be maintained through the Workday system. All other hiring documentation used throughout the hiring process must be maintained by the hiring department for minimally three years, unless under review. Below is a checklist of materials that may not be attached in Workday, but should be included in the file.
- Credential evaluation criteria, if not utilized within the Workday system.
- Hiring supervisor and search committee interview forms/questions, notes, and evaluation instruments.
- Reference checks conducted/forms and notes.
Table of Contents
- Process Overview
- The Search Committee
- Search Committee Member Request
- Posting a Position
- Posting Waiver Process
- Increasing Diversity of Applicant Pools
- Evaluating Applicant Credentials
- Arkansas Veterans Preference
- Conducting Interviews
- References and Background Checks
- Extending an Offer for Employment
- Closing the Search
- Social Media Guidelines